There are two main types of air conditioners that can be used for cooling a room:
The portable air conditioner is easy to move from one room to another. This air conditioner for a room in Sydney is convenient because it does not need to be installed by making a hole in the wall. Accordingly, you do not need to call any technicians, which is cheaper. It gets better: it often has the functions of air purification and ionization.
But there are also drawbacks: you will have to regularly pour out the water that accumulated within the device, which settles during condensation in a special compartment. In addition, the portable unit is not characterized by quiet work, the noise level of this device is quite high.
If you want to buy an air conditioner for a large room, have a look at the split systems. These are the reverse cycle air conditioners that not only cool the room in the heat but also heat it when it’s cold. With their help, it is easy to control the temperature in both a small and a big room. In addition, such a system does not clutter the space. It is installed under the ceiling and fits into any interior. It would be a good choice of an air conditioner for the living room. Plus, if climate control equipment is needed in a large apartment or house, you can purchase a multi-split system that will allow you to adjust your temperature in each room, no matter what size it is. But the price for this conditioning device is also higher.
What to consider when choosing an air conditioner for a room in Sydney?
- The area of the room. This is the most important parameter to start from. For every 10 sq. m. of the room area, 1.4 kW of air conditioning capacity is required.
- Ceiling height. If the ceiling height is more than 3 meters, it is better to buy a more powerful model of an aircon.
- The number of people who are constantly in the room. The human body emits 100 watts of heat when calm and 200 watts when physically active. For example, if there are always 2 people in the living room, you will need an aircon 200 watts more powerful. This indicator should be increased by 2 times if people are engaged in physical labour.
- The size and number of windows. Through the glazed surfaces, the sun’s rays enter the apartment, they heat the room. On the other hand, you don’t need too powerful an air conditioner for a room without windows.
- What floor is the apartment located on? On the upper floors, directly under the roof, the temperature rises more strongly.